August 16, 2010

Jamestown, Accra (Ghana 2010)

Jamestown is the most historical place in Ghana's capital. It grew around the British James Fort in 17th century, now the remains of colourful colonial buildings are mostly slums. As I read in the guide book, tourists suppose to ask for permision to photograph people there, but actually most of the Jamestown citizens asked us to make photos of them and were very happy about it - mostly kids, who were happy to pose, but some adults as well.
The beach in Jamestwn looks the same as the rest of that district. Here's a "brook" that goes straight to the ocean and some local fauna, trying to find anything eatable there.

The worst beach I have ever seen in my life...

Except of a waste dump there are butheries and fish industry on the beach. I wasn't brave enough to make photos of the butcheries and you should be very grateful for that...

In the above area of Jamestown we had a few problems with the locals, that were not so nice, and had problems with taking photos. Even if we actually didn't make photos of people, just the place itself. I was happy I wasn't there just by myself...

No comments: